Parking Map Updated
Region 5 conducted it’s opening meeting of the 2016 racing season on Jan 23rd, 2016. Along with various topics of planning for the 2016 racing season was the subject of the coming year’s regional events. After discussion a vote was taken on a motion to run 5 regional races in 2016, which passed. THQMA debated the position of only running 3 races which was recommended by the BOD & incorporated into the THQMA schedule voted in at the Jan Membership Mtg. However, as stated at the meeting and understood from past years the regional dates could cause some minor shifts to the approved schedule. With the changes voted in at the Region meeting it would be necessary to make the following adjustments.
- The track that is hosting the States (Regional) Race will only have a single date during that year. The remaining 2 Region 5 tracks will then host 2 races each.
- The published 5/21/16 date for the CCQMA States Race will be moved to 6/5/16 due to a conflict with the fairgrounds on which the track resides. This was a THQMA points race date, which in turn will be moved to the vacated 5/21/16 date.
- Another fairground conflict will necessitate I-70 & THQMA swapping their published regional dates. I-70 will run the weekend of 9/10/16 & THQMA will assume the Aug date but instead of the weekend after the grands, host the regional on 8/13/16. This will provide a week between the Grands & the THQMA regional date. The vacated 8/6/16 date then would become a THQMA points race.
- Another impact to moving off of the Sep regional date is the Hall of Fame race scheduled prior to the regional on Labor Day Weekend. In an effort to get the Hall of Fame race preceding the THQMA regional date the 7/23/16 non-points race will become the Hall of Fame date. The Labor Day weekend 9/3/16 race will be a non-points date.
- The 2 additional regional dates that will need to be incorporated into the schedule are THQMA on 5/14/16 & I-70 on 6/25/16. The 5/14/16 date was a non-points race which will be converted to THQMA’s 1st regional date. I-70’s 1st regional date on 6/25/16 was a points race. In order to stay at 10 points races the 6/11/16 non-points date will become a points race.
Since these moves represent a significant change to the member approved schedule the BODs decided that the changes should be brought back before the membership for consideration. The attached sheet reflects the schedule approved during the Jan 16th membership meeting as well as a minimum impact alternative which only considers the original 3 regional dates. Also, the updated schedule including the 5 regional races is listed for comparison. We will be looking for the membership to approve one of the 2 modified schedules at this Thursday’s membership meeting. Please plan on attending. The meeting begins at 7pm @ The Valley Grill on N 3rd St.
Novice 101 class will be held 2/13 at Lewis Community Bldg, 15861 St Rd 159 Lewis, IN. 9am-1:30pm
Novice classes for families/drivers will begin 2/20 at the Lewis Community Bldg, 15861 St Rd 159 Lewis, IN.
For questions contact Novice Director Jeremy Urbain 812-241-7753
Building on 57+ Years of Racing
THQMA is the oldest continually run dirt quarter midget track east of the Mississippi. Hulman Mini Speedway, operated since 1958 by the Terre Haute Quarter Midget Association (THQMA) is located in Terre Haute, Indiana.